FAQ | Legacy Student Living
Are you pet friendly?
- Legacy is NOW pet-friendly! We realize the important role pets play in our residents' lives and have modified our policies to accommodate them. If you would like to add a pet to your lease, please contact the office.
How can I pay my rent?
- Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid in the office with a check or money order. If you prefer to pay with a credit or debit card, you can set up one-time or recurring payments through our Resident Portal.
Do I need a lease guarantor?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor or additional security deposit on all leases. The security deposit varies by floor plan. You can ask a leasing specialist by calling our office today!
What if I do not have roommates in mind?
- That's no problem at all! We can pair you up with people who have similar lifestyles, interests, etc. Just fill out the Roommate Matching form during the application process, and leave the rest to us!
Are utilities included?
- Utilities are not included. We direct bill your utilities.
- Don't forget we also include high-speed internet!
What is an individual lease?
- When you sign an individual lease, you are only responsible for your rent; in other words, you have no liability for the rent of the other apartment residents. If your roommate transfers or graduates, you have no responsibility for their financial obligations. This is a significant advantage over the joint and several leases (where each resident is liable for the rent of all residents in the unit) which are often used at rental houses and other apartment properties in the area.
What is included in the furniture package?
- We offer fully-furnished apartments. All you need to do is bring your stuff! Your room will be furnished with a queen-size bed, a dresser, two nightstands, a desk, and a desk chair. We include a sofa, a chair, coffee and end tables in the living room as well as a 2-person breakfast bar with chairs. There is plenty of seating for you, your roommates, and your friends!
Important Disclosures & Documents
Is Renter's Insurance Required?
- Yes, our community requires each resident to carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage. We also recommend residents purchase content coverage (also known as personal property insurance) to cover your personal belongings.
Past Resident Portal
- If you are a past resident, please use our Resident Portal to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.